Monday, January 17, 2011

Welcome to my tennis blog

I have a passion for tennis, and for writing, and my hope is that this will be an outlet for the latter.

After a weekend of playing my favorite sport, I usually find myself wanting to extend the experience for as long as possible.  Whether I, or my partner and I, won or lost, I find myself replaying key points - winners and unforced errors - in my mind's eye over and over again; sometimes, they even linger until I can get on the courts again (i.e. to replace them with new ones).  Of course, some of what happens on and off the tennis court, during matches or even in practice, is also hard to forget, whether it is funny, frustrating, or just unique.  These 'incidents' stick with me as well and have helped to shape the tennis player (and indeed the person) I have become, for good or for bad.  I also watch a lot of tennis, my amateur teammates and the pros on TV, and have learned ever so much from listening to Darren Cahill and Brad Gilbert, reading his books as well as Tennis and Inside Tennis (and even Net News) magazines, cover-to-cover right after they arrive in the mail.

My hope is that you will find my observations to be amusing, entertaining or (who knows?) even educational.  If so, or even if I infuriate you, please feel free to add your comments below.  Thanks for reading and I'll see you on the courts!



No comments:

Post a Comment