Monday, July 18, 2011

It's finally here, the 2011 Atlanta Tennis Championships

The draw is out for this year's ATC, for singles and doubles.

Since I’ve already written (however briefly) about the 2010 Atlanta Tennis Championships , I thought I’d share some pictures that I took at last year’s event to get you excited enough to attend this year’s tournament.

Last year, I attended two quarterfinal singles matches (and one doubles) on Friday afternoon (there were others that night) and then the finals of the doubles and the singles on Sunday. Here is the view I had for the quarterfinals:


I also snagged a picture of where our seats were going to be for Sunday's final:


John Isner was the most notable player that Friday afternoon, and I took a picture of a warm-up serve:


While walking the grounds of the Atlanta Athletic Club, I grabbed a couple of pictures of the announcers, Darren Cahill:


and Brad Gilbert (who I got a better picture of on Sunday, when he signed my copy of his book Winning Ugly):


On Sunday, the finals featured Mardy Fish and John Isner; I don't remember who won the coin toss:


One of the line umpires there had been part of the Serena incident - when she lost me as a fan - at the U.S. Open in 2009:


Get your tickets now; don't miss a chance to see men's professional tennis as the ATP Tour comes here to Atlanta, kicking off the 2011 Olympus US Open Series with the main draw starting today and running though Sunday, July 24th.


No comments:

Post a Comment