Friday, September 2, 2011

U.S. Open bracket update – how I'm doing and my quarterfinalists

Missed five on the top half of the men’s draw – my biggest miss was Ferrero through Monfils (I also had Troicki instead of Haas) – with the bottom half to be completed today; I still have a chance to do better on it, though I’ve missed four already (who knew that Soderling would withdraw?).

So what do I think the men’s quarters will look like? I’ve got Djokovic vs. Berdych (who looks great!), Federer against Fish (though his match with Tsonga could be a tough one), the winner of Isner/Del Po (not sure if Juan Martin is back), Murray by Wawrinka, Ferrer over Roddick (if he makes it that far), and Nadal.

On the ladies side, I’m excited to see America’s young guns doing well – the future looks bright – but as usual would prefer that there not be so much drama (particularly off-court; Serena still has much to do on her character defects).


No comments:

Post a Comment