Thursday, October 20, 2011

Itching to play again!

Though I’ve watched some great tennis over the past couple of weeks, it’s been a little too long since I played my last competitive match. So I’m very much looking forward to this weekend.

After the mini-slump I had earlier this month, losing four straight after winning three straight, I had a terrific match with my “Over 50” T2 partner on October 9th – we won in three very competitive sets – but since then, I’ve been a spectator. In fact, I didn’t play the Saturday before that either. In fact, I haven’t made my regular men's practice since September 22nd nor played a USTA match since the 23rd!

This Friday I’ll be playing USTA mixed doubles, and Saturday will be our last men’s ALTA match of the season (unless the improbable happens, and we make the playoffs). Monday, my Ultimate Doubles partner and I will finally play our second match of the season, followed by our third on Wednesday and my final T2 match that Saturday.

I’ve very much looking forward to getting back in the swing of things, after circumstances that have prevented me from playing very much over these past couple of weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment