Friday, January 25, 2013

ESPN still hasn't learned how to cover tennis - Australian Open

I ranted about this last year when ESPN2 allocated only 2 hours 30 minutes to the men's semifinal matches at the Australian Open, so I won't retype the same diatribe, but apparently the programming "geniuses" at the channels still don't know - or worse, don't care - about tennis fans.

This year I didn't make the same mistake - e.g. trusting ESPN's allocated time while setting my DVR - and added an extra 90 minutes to the recording. Still, it cut off at 3-0 in the fifth set of Andy Murray's 6-4, 6-7(5), 6-3, 6-7(2), 6-2 win over Roger Federer, but fortunately there wasn't a momentum shift in the decider, and I didn't miss the Swiss Maestro's great comeback at the end of the fourth set! Of course, I did miss ALL of Novak Djokovic's 3 set win over David Ferrer the night before because those "geniuses" switched it from ESPN2 to ESPN (and, being out of town, I wasn't able to change my DVR).

My sympathies to those that have yet to learn that ESPN "doesn't know tennis".

No comments:

Post a Comment